Beliveau Estate Grows Lavender
Joyce loves lavender - it's her passion! Lavender starts blooming at Beliveau Estate in May with the Provence variety blooming mid-June to mid-July and the Hidcote variety from May through September. The last Sunday in June is always the annual Lavender Festival. This is a day to enjoy the calming nature of lavender. A time to relax to the sounds of a harpist at the hilltop pavilion as you enjoy a picnic, a glass of wine or lavender lemonade, and watch artists paint the lavender in our annual Plein Air Art Contest. And, of course, the incredible sight and scent of fresh lavender! The 2013 Lavender Festival will be held Sunday, June 30, from 12-7pm.
"Paint the Lavender" Plein Air Art Contest 2013
Calling all Artists!
June and July is lavender season at Beliveau Estate. In conjunction with our annual Lavender Festival, June 30, 2013 we are holding a "Paint the Lavender" Plein Air Art Contest.
Details are as follows:
- Lavender must be "painted" open air, from direct view, on-site, at Beliveau Estate.
- Any artist Medium can be used, (ie: oil, acrylic, pastel, water color, charcoal, etc.) Photography will not qualify as a medium for this contest.
- Artists depictions must include a view of the lavender and hilltop pavilion, with creative license to "paint" from any angle.
- Contest is open to all ages, amateur or professional.
- Artists may arrive as early as 9am on June 30th to start artwork. Artists must be present on-site from 12-5 pm during the Lavender Festival. All artwork must be completed by 5pm on June 30th .
- Beliveau Estate will award 1st , 2nd , and 3rd place winners. Prizes to be determined.
- Artists may price and offer their artwork for sale at Beliveau Estate during and/or following the Lavender Festival. Beliveau Estate will retain 20% of purchase price as commission on artwork sold.
- All applicants must pre-register by 12:00 noon on the day of the Plein Air Contest. There is no fee to participate.
- Artists may visit Beliveau Estate prior to the lavender festival to view the lavender but may not begin work until 9am on day of the contest . Failure to abide by this will result in disqualification.
Questions? Call Joyce at 540-961-0505 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Beliveau Estate "Paint the Lavender" Plein Air Art Competition 2013 June 30, 2012, 12-6pm
This form must be completed and returned to Beliveau Estate. Registrations will be accepted until 12:00 noon on June 30th.
I will be participating in the Plein Air Art Contest at Beliveau Estate on Sunday June 30th . I understand that I must be present from 12-5pm.
With this registration I acknowledge that Beliveau Estate accepts no liability for loss or damage to artwork, or to any personal injury during participation in this event.
Name of Artist: ______________________________________ Phone #: ______________________________
Address: ____________________________________________ E-Mail Address: _______________________
Type of Medium: ___________________________________________________
How did you hear about this event? _____________________________________
Return this form to: Beliveau Estate, 5415 Gallion Ridge Road / Blacksburg, VA / 24060 or scan and e-mail to email@example.com